From social networking sites to niche job boards, there are plenty of ways to get your jobs advertised at little or no cost.
The UK has many of its own, local sites that can be utilised to get your jobs out to the right audience.
To help you find the right mix of job boards to allocate your budget, here are some of the best UK job boards to be using in 2020.
"With Indeed we can reach the jobseekers we need for roles right across the UK" (McDonalds).
Indeed is the most popular and perhaps simplest of job sites in the UK.
This general job board collates thousands of different jobs from company career pages and other job boards, as well as allowing businesses to post on Indeed directly.
250 million people visit Indeed every month, giving you access to the most talent in every field (Google Analytics), enabling you to gain more quality hires.
70% of job searches are from mobile devices (Indeed). You can utilise Indeed to provide the best job search experience anywhere, and engage with more candidates.
Indeed enables you to search for candidates by education, experience, job title and more using Indeed CV. Use this to start a conversation with your next great hire.
You can also claim and update your Indeed company page to attract the most invested candidates. Then maximise your exposure by becoming a Featured Employer - your results at the top of every list.
It is free to post jobs on Indeed, with paid and sponsored options available to attract more candidates and boost visibility. You can choose how much you want to spend to make your job appear higher in the search results
You can now post jobs to Indeed both with free and paid options via GoHire.
To find out more about posting jobs on Indeed with GoHire, check out this article.
LinkedIn’s mission is simple: connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful.
With a professional network of over 660 million users, LinkedIn is a great resource for employers and employees to network, regardless of their hiring status.
A hire is made every 10 seconds using LinkedIn, and 9/10 members are interested in hearing about new opportunities (LinkedIn Talent Solutions).
Post your jobs in minutes and receive:
- Targeted job promotion - LinkedIn shows your job to candidates with the right skills, both in emails and across the website.
- Recommended matches - LinkedIn’s candidate recommendations get smarter over time, providing personalised results.
- Candidate management - Track your candidates in one simple dashboard, from application to hiring.
Pay only when candidates view your job post.
The actual amount you're charged depends on your daily budget and the number of job posting views from candidates.
Give LinkedIn your budget and they will estimate how many applicants you will receive.
You can also post free jobs to LinkedIn via GoHire.
To find out more about posting jobs on LinkedIn with GoHire, check out our website.
From the web, to mobile, to social, Monster helps companies find candidates with customised solutions.
Using advanced technology and cutting edge tools, general job board Monster, matches the right people to the right job.
Whatever your company’s needs, Monster has the products and techniques to build a bespoke solution for you, to help you find candidates better.
Monster searches the web to find you the right talent for your open positions — delivering a quicker, easier way to post a job and find qualified candidates.
- Ensure candidates can discover and further research your company before they apply, with a free company profile.
- With company reviews, ratings, descriptions, and messaging, a profile boosts your brand — helping you stand out from your competitors.
- Monster gives you the opportunity to capture candidate’s attention creatively with the easy-to-use Monster Studios.
- Easily record, edit and post engaging videos from your phone, all from one simple app.
- Update your company profile and improve your employer branding.
Prices start from £130 for 30 days, with a new customer offer of £99.
To find out more about posting jobs on Monster, check out the website.
Adzuna is a general search engine for ads that lists every job, everywhere, with a mission to be the best place to start looking for a job.
Adzuna provides smarter search options and powerful data about the job market, giving you the information you need to take control of your career.
With Adzuna, your jobs will be distributed across a partner network of 100+ different national, local and vertical job boards to find the best candidates.
You get access to a large and diverse audience of candidates, and Adzuna’s smart matching technology ensures the right people find your jobs.
- Get guaranteed results by paying only when candidates how interest in your roles.
- Cut the hiring hassle and get a shortlist of candidates delivered on a plate to you.
- Search the UK's largest collection of live salary data and find out what you salary you should be offering to your next big hire.
Adzuna offers employers the opportunity to post a small number of jobs for free every month!
There are no hidden charges, but if you do want to guarantee the response your adverts get, then you can choose to sponsor your jobs on a cost-per-click basis.
You can also post free jobs to Adzuna via GoHire.
To find out more about posting jobs on Adzuna, check out the website.
Reach qualified candidates where they're already spending their time – on Facebook. Post job opportunities on your Facebook business Page for free.
Potential employees have the chance to learn more about your business and the job opportunity before applying, ensuring that you get informed job applicants.
- Take advantage of a wide applicant pool - your job post will appear in the jobs bookmark and on Facebook Marketplace.
- Review and respond to applications on the go - candidates can apply via desktop or mobile, and you can track and review applications, contact applicants and schedule interviews through Messenger.
- Reach qualified people by promoting your job post - like regular posts, you can boost your job post from your Business Page to reach a larger or more targeted audience.
Posting job ads to Facebook is completely free.
You only pay for your post boost or promotion which runs on a cost-per-day campaign basis.
You can also post free jobs to Facebook via GoHire.
To find out more about posting jobs on Facebook using GoHire, check out our website.
6. Work In Startups
Focused purely on job ads from start-up companies, WorkInStartups is the perfect meeting point between startups and talented, creative candidates.
The startup environment is a very dynamic and complex one, and building the right team is essential for a startup's success.
Why Work In Startups?
When you post a job with Work In Startups, you can purchase boosting features to get your ad seen, and attract more top candidates.
- Spotlight - increase your visibility by letting your ad shine on the homepage.
- Bump Up - bump your ad back to the top of the pile.
- Newsletter Promotion - get more applications by promoting your job in our weekly newsletter.
- Social Media Promotion - showcase your job ads in front of the Work In Startups community on Twitter and Facebook
- Personalised Recruiting Campaign - work In Startups will make the best campaign for promoting your jobs.
It is free to post on Work In Startups. You will only be charged for the use of features on your job posts.
To find out more about posting jobs on Work In Startups, check out the website.
“Debut has enabled us to reach out to a very specific market, making the recruitment process more streamlined for both ourselves and the students” (Vodafone).
Debut is a graduate and student job board which offers candidates a mobile-first experience through their award-winning app, while recognising the importance of multichannel engagement.
Their candidate-first approach ensures that you attract only the most relevant early talent for your business.
With over 150,000 data-rich student and graduate profiles, Debut provides the technology and expertise you need to create targeted, unbiased, multi-touch attraction campaigns.
Debut offers one tool that combines traditional talent attraction channels, such as jobs boards, recruitment agencies and careers fairs, on a mobile-first digital engagement platform.
If you’re not engaging today’s early talent digitally, you’re probably not engaging them at all.
Work with their experienced client success team to execute targeted attraction campaigns and find your ideal candidates.
Expand your reach and activate passive candidates that never would have come across or considered your opportunity organically.
Use their powerful targeting criteria and experience a 5x better engagement rate than traditional attraction methods.
To find out more about posting jobs on Debut, check out the website.
DirectlyApply is a general job advertising platform that enables employers to have their job adverts displayed across hundreds of job boards, niche websites and social platforms via their programmatic exchange.
The DirectlyApply Exchange enables you to place your job advert in front of the best fit candidates wherever they are most active online.
Through the publishing network, DirectlyApply are able to source and engage the most relevant candidates in real-time, driving their applications to your inbox and enabling you to make better hires, in less time.
By harnessing real-time bidding across their unique network of publishers, DirectlyApply are able to maximise the return of your job advertising investment by managing, tracking and optimising your spend in real-time.
DirectlyApply operates in the UK, US and Canada and has millions of job seekers every month finding jobs across all industries and levels via their platform.
Uniquely to DirectlyApply, you are only charged on a Pay Per Applicant Model.
Therefore unlike traditional tenancy or pay per click job boards, DirectlyApply ensures that every penny that you allocate to your job ads is only spent when an applicant lands in your inbox or ATS, you never pay for empty clicks!
To find out more about posting jobs on DirectlyApply, check out the website.
9. Google for Jobs
Have your job postings found by millions of job seekers who search on Google every day.
Google brings together job postings from across the web, whether they're from websites run by small businesses or job sites with thousands of listings.
Job seekers can easily find your company and available jobs directly in Google Search.
You can improve candidates’ job seeking experience by adding job posting structured data to your web pages.
Adding structured data makes your job postings eligible to appear in a special user experience in Google Search results.
You can also integrate with Google by using a third party job site.
So, what do you gain from this?
- More interactive results: Your postings can be eligible to be displayed in the job search experience on Google, featuring your logo, reviews, ratings, and job details.
- More, motivated applicants: The new user experience enables job seekers to filter by various criteria like location or job title, meaning you’re more likely to attract applicants who are looking exactly for that job.
- Increased chances of discovery and conversion: Job seekers will have a new avenue to interact with your postings and click through to your site.
After ZipRecruiter integrated with Google’s job search experience, organic conversion rate from Google grew 4.5x.
"The new Google Search experience with structured data is very valuable for us, especially as a tool to help job seekers find jobs on ZipRecruiter."
It is free to integrate your jobs with Google Search, however there are some permissions that your website will have to allow and coding that will need to be added.
You can also post free jobs to Google via GoHire.
To find out more about posting jobs on Google using GoHire, check out our website.
Access over 67 million job seekers on Glassdoor, plus millions more on over 100 job sites.
Glassdoor allows employees to leave reviews and insights about companies, helping others to make better decisions about where to work.
That means better better candidates and better hires for employers.
With a platform that is versatile, customisable, and different from any other job posting tool, Glassdoor is already used by companies such as Facebook, Gap and Walmart.
Glassdoor candidates have a 30% better retention rate, meaning Glassdoor hires stay longer. (Glassdoor research, 2017)
With Glassdoor, you can:
- Post targeted job ads aimed at specific occupations.
- Openly respond to past employees' company reviews, showing job seekers you care.
- Build your company brand by integrating your social media posts, videos, and featured photos.
- Attract job candidates who are already enthusiastic about your company, its culture, and its growth opportunities.
Glassdoor offers a free seven-day trial followed by a basic (free) account and a paid account.
You can also post free jobs to Glassdoor via GoHire.
To find out more about posting jobs on Glassdoor, check out the website.
Voted the Best Job Board at the Global Recruiter Awards 2019 for the fifth year running!
CV-Library's versatile hiring products and straightforward solutions are designed to benefit businesses of all sizes.
CV-Library is ideal for recruitment agencies, direct employers, advertising agencies and corporate businesses.
- 3 million monthly job applications - candidates visiting CV-Library generate an average of 16 applications per vacancy.
- Access to 14.5 million CV’s - 316,000 new and updated CV’s registered every month from candidates in all sectors nationwide.
- Dedicated account management - benefit from the supportive CV-Library team throughout your hiring campaign.
- Partnership with Google - any jobs posted on CV-Library will appear on Google Search
Prices currently range from £75 to £399 depending on your company’s needs.
To find out more about posting jobs on CV-Library, check out the website.
84% of businesses currently use Reed to find their next hires (Market Measures).
Reed are committed to driving the most relevant candidates to your vacancies by growing their audience and building their brand.
Their explosive TV advertising campaigns have helped them to become the UK’s best-known recruitment brand and the most searched-for name in the industry.
- Advertise - clear, bright job details pages, designed to sell your opportunity and attract the best applicants
- Target - adding skills encourages the right candidates to apply for your vacancy and helps you target the best matching applicants.
- Filter - filter applications to ensure you focus on only the most relevant candidates by adding screening questions to your job
- Rate - rate applicants within the management dashboard for a faster way to create and share your shortlist
- Communicate - save time by managing all of your applicant communications from within the dashboard
Prices range from £150 to £250 with offers available for new customers.
To find out more about posting jobs on Reed, check out the website.
TotalJobs is the UK’s largest online hiring solution.
TotalJobs aims to help jobseekers find a job they love, and to connect employers with the talent they need for their business to flourish.
Their parent company, StepStone, is one of the world’s most successful job board businesses.
- Greater exposure: advertise a job for longer with a six-week posting on both TotalJobs and Jobsite
- More choice: you can now access almost half of the UK working population in one place with our combined CV database
- Increased productivity: manage your vacancies and applications from one single place
- 36% more applications
- 10% more interviews
- 2x more hires than any other job board
(TNS Global Research, 2017)
Prices range from £99 to £149 with offers available to new customers.
To find out more about posting jobs on TotalJobs, check out the website.
Similar to Facebook, Twitter is another social media platform that you can utilise for free.
Currently, Twitter has 139 million daily users (Omnicore Agency), giving you access to one of the largest numbers out of these 15 job boards.
Employers, recruiters and hiring managers are now actively posting jobs via 140 character tweets.
There are hundreds of thousands of jobs posted every day, internationally, and that number is growing.
Advertising a job on Twitter is simple.
The trick is catching somebody’s eye in less than 140 characters!
- Use hashtags - using the #jobpostings or #jobpost hashtags will get your tweet seen quicker by those actively looking. Hashtag the job location for more relevant applicants.
- Link directly to the original job post - readers will want to be linked quickly and easily to the job post to find out more.
- Utilise job-dedicated Twitter accounts - direct your tweet at the accounts of job sites or agencies, or even for accounts dedicated to jobs in your area.
- Be creative - get creative by using images, videos or graphics to capture candidate’s attention and avoid them scrolling past.
Tweeting is free for all users, but Twitter does offer budget-led sponsored advertising for those who want to reach a wider audience.
You can also post free jobs to Twitter via GoHire.
To find out more about posting jobs on Twitter using GoHire, check out our website.
The #1 rated job search app on Android & iOS.
ZipRecruiter started as a tool to help small businesses distribute job postings affordably.
Today they are a thriving marketplace where millions of people across the US and UK can find a better job for a better life.
- Post to over 100 job boards quickly and easily.
- Manage all your candidates in one simple dashboard.
- Pre-screen applicants and save time looking at CV's.
Employers can access a four day trial of ZipRecruiter. You will be able to post a job ad and keep whatever candidates you receive.
ZipRecruiter will customize a paid plan and price for your company's unique hiring needs based on a variety of factors including:
- How many job ads you need to post
- The number of resume downloads you want
- The amount of user seats you need
- Your industry
- Your location
You can also post free jobs to ZipRecruiter via GoHire.
To find out more about posting jobs on ZipRecruiter using GoHire, check out our website.
Some advantages of using free online job postings include: no out-of-pocket costs, exposure to new audiences and a potentially lower cost per hire.
However, it is crucial to evaluate the effectiveness of these job postings for your business.
It’s important to consider the time spent listing, managing and tracking success, the size of the audience and the type of job seekers and potential candidates the job postings attract.
It can be extremely helpful to a business to have jobs promoted, yet exposure to the wrong talent pool can result in more time wasted on unqualified CVs.
Consider these important factors in order to make the best decision for your business.